Thursday, March 1, 2012

Will I eva wear it?

I think I will.  It pretty much matches the color of my hair before it took the high road.
I get sort of lazy and don't even want to tie a scarf on my head, so on goes the baseball cap, but I can see myself making a little effort.  It is actually pretty comfortable.
Eda and I tried a few on that were a big no-no. Get a load of the gray one!
What about the one with the poof in the front?
Betty was taking pictures and my brother, Jimmy,
was there for support.  He's so great.  They both are.

Things have been ok here this week.  My cardiologist appt. got rescheduled til next week, so no life vest this week, but I feel like I am getting stronger.  God is good.

Truthfully, it's boring not being able to drive or , surprisingly, do housework.  My Mother and I went through my big Rubbermaid box of good knitting intentions today, and weeded through all of the half finished scarfs, afghans and baby hats I have started and lost interest in.
I seriously need a hobby.   I am going to attempt to start crocheting, I suppose.  I'll see how it goes.
One of the things I feel I should be doing is praying for other people.  I have got a lot of time, and I know that I have felt a calling to lift others in prayer, but usually get distracted.  Now, with less distraction, I feel like I am supposed to spend more time in prayer.  I know the Lord will lead me in that path also.

I find myself getting grouchy, very easily.  (can I blame that on medicine), I don't think so.  I think a hobby and spending time with the Lord in prayer will help with my attitude.

I know this feeling, because it happened before when I was going through chemo.  I feel a little disconnected from the world, especially with not being able to drive or go anywhere alone.  Great, now I feel like a whiner.  I know, don't say, I deserve to whine because of what I'm going through.  I really don't.  I really am blessed.  I am thankful.  Just cranky.
Ok, so new mind set,
Hobby
Prayer
and remember my blessings

My friends and family are taking great care of me and I don't have a lot of responsibilities to worry about.
Rambling again, right? Blah.

Well, I hope you like the pics of my baldy head
and new wig.  Did you know that they have fake hairy eyebrows, too.
 Don't worry, I will not be sporting a pair, unless I dress up as Groucho Marx.
Love ya, Joann
Here's some more pics Betty took. I've got to give her props for her picture taking ability. PS, Eda is the best. She put me at ease. Love her.


And then I put my hat on. Bye again

4 comments:

  1. Dear JoJo,
    You made me laugh today out loud. Mom will tell you I have tried to knit - can't to save my soul, she tried teaching me to sew - same thing. Maybe it is just not for you. You look beautiful bald, wig, baseball hat because you are inside and out. Glad you are enjoying your viit with Jimmy. My prayers are with you for hobby, prayers and thanking God for blessings. Our prayers are with you and yours everyday. We love you.
    Hugs,
    Deidre & family

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration Joann. I love reading your blog. You are always in my prayers. <3 Pam Langford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jojo,
    You certainly are an inspiration! I've been reading your blogs and just want you to know you're in my thoughts & prayers.
    Love you,
    (your cousin)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a perfect shaped head!

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete