Friday, February 24, 2012

Just a short note

     Just a short post.  I guess the appt. with Dr. S went well, yesterday.  He said my brain looked healthy, so that was great news.  I was kinda worried, there.  He also said my breathing and talking sounded better, even though I am still so raspy.  It's hard to talk, so I am sorry if I don't answer all phone calls.  Just know that I love you and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  Hopefully one of these heart meds. will help out a bit more.  I feel stronger by taking small walks, and it's not as much of an effort to breathe.
     I had my second treatment of Abraxane yesterday, and it knocked my down for the day.  It makes you sort of feel like you are full of lead.  Really heavy and hard to move.  I feel better today, and walked around the mall with my Mother in Law and shopped for Sarah.  She is growing so fast.  So tall and thin!
     Rick shaved my head last night, it was really looking horrible.  It feels good to have that mess off of my head and I imagine myself in battle mode now.  Ive got lots of battle scars.  The boys had this X-Wing star fighter toy from StarWars when they were little, and I remember saying"What the heck are all these marks all over the toy?", and they told me "it's battle damage, it makes it cool".  Sometimes I can feel a bit of self pity about all of my scars, I've got quite a few, but I guess it just means I'm cool. (I wish my boys thought that, though)
     I miss my hair, it was looking pretty and my bangs were just starting to grow out, but on the positive side, I do not have to shave my legs, pluck eyebrows, nose hairs, or wax my mustache.  There's a silver lining to every cloud.
     My big brother, Jimmy , is coming down this week, and my Mother and I are so excited.  I can't wait to see him.  I might even ask him to drive me to my wig appt. on Monday.  I'm sure he will be thrilled. ; /
     Well, still achy and but doing okay.  Happy my brain appears clean and Dr. said breathing sounded better, so hopefully that is a sign that the tumors are shrinking.  That's my prayer.  When I get myself a bit more gussied up I will post a picture of my bald head, just for thrills.
     Just to let you know, I am working to keep myself focused on my blessings, and my Heavenly Father. I know He is with me, and has set a race before me, my own personal race track, and my desire is to run it  with all the strength and endurance He gives me. My race track is different than yours or others.  Mine seems to go up hills and around corners and over hurdles, and veer off into the woods.  Somebody else's race track may be a nice loop with some bumps, or other obstacles, but they are all seen by the Lord, and those hurdles and bumps were put there with the OK from The Father, and that is comforting. Many, many other people have a much more difficult track set out before them, than mine, that's for sure.  Nothing enters our live that has not gone through his hands. The good news is, is that we only have to do it a day at a time, and He is with us every step of the way. If you think I am strong, or if there is anything admirable you see in me, there is not.  I am scared, but my Savior gives me the strength and the endurance and the hope to keep on going, truly, He does.  I am leaning on Him very heavily, and He is sustaining me and my family.  Not to be too dour, everyone here is handling things well(except for me, sometimes), but it is our faith in God and His promises, and the salvation He offered us, that gets us through.
     Well, this was not such a short post, but I am done now.  I love all you guys, and thank you for posting responses to my posts.  I love to see what you guys say.  It's weird talking about myself.  Got any ideas I can write about?  Nothing political because I am at a loss on that front.  Anyhoo, going to have some tea, and settle in for the night.

Like I said, Love Ya,
Joann
   

7 comments:

  1. Always glad to see your posts. SO happy about the clear brain scan. Let's pray the doctors chose the right chemo to shrink those tumors. If you're in battle-mode, can we call you G.I. Jo? :) Shocking to hear that your mother-in-law took you to the mall to walk :) Hope it was fun looking for those "Size 0" clothes for Sarah. She's a "tall drink of water" - didn't your dad use that expression? Enjoy your family time this weekend. Love you all.
    ~Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did use that expression. I think that's the first thing he said to Rick when he met him. See you soon Diana. Love you

      Delete
  2. Always find that silver lining my friend! My thoughts and smiles are with you. Keith C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my dear, you are battle scared but nevertheless still beautiful. I love you, Carol aka Mom-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joann (and Rick)...Carol sent me your blog site and so I've been reading them all. What a blessing!! - seriously you two are among the healthiest (in spirit and mind) of anyone I know. I am SO impressed! You've blessed me no end today...I have been "hanging" in there with you with much prayer - thanksgiving (for sure!) and crying out for God's power to be demonstrated in your walk along this journey. He is being glorified, I can tell you. You are influencing more people for the Kingdom than you know. The Kingdom, of course, is not about food or drink, but righteousnes, peace and joy. I pray for a richer blessing for you of peace and joy - (I am often very near empty on that score occasionally myself.) :-)

    You are much loved and treasured, Joann! (And I read Jesus Calling, too...wonderfully significant some days!)

    Aunt Lori (in Atlanta)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha your posts are never short! you got a lot going on in that head of yours!!!

    keep up battle mode! you are not alone!

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear JoJo, Rick, Sarah, Jimmy and Charlie,
    Keep going! Warrior on....! You are amazing people. Catholic Prayer for Cancer
    O Sain Peregrine, you who have been called "The Wonder-Worker" because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you, who for so many years bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more; you who were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affiction, ask of God and Our Lady the cure of these sick persons whom we entrust to you JoJo. Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing praise to God for His great goodness and mercy, Amen.
    We love all of you so much. Sending you hugs and kisses,
    Deidre & Rance
    Rance, Johnathan, Krystal, Kayla, Alexsandria, Azalea and Chloe
    P.S.
    Glad Jimmy is coming to visit. Enjoy your time with him and Mom :)

    ReplyDelete