Wednesday, February 8, 2012

waiting

Just sitting here in the heart wing waiting.  We had to get here super early, but now we have to wait for a while because the Dr. had an emergency.  Im in my little hospital gown and footie socks.  Lovely.  Rick is sick and looks worse than I do, but he has his coffee.  Nothing else to do while I sit here.  I'm really anxious to get this show on the road. Nothing at all interesting to say.  taking it one step or day at a time.  Man this is boring, and this blanket is so thin. Oh, the other thing was found out I have two groins.  I only thought you had a like a groin area.  the nasty detail is that they came at me with a razor to shave em!
Gross! Sorry, but there isn't anything going on.  Oh, and one of the nurses came in and starting talking a bout breast cancer stuff.  Sheesh, not a way to put the patient at ease.  Oh well, I have a baditude this morning I suppose.

3 comments:

  1. thinking of you, I hope you and Rick are both at home sitting in the warm sun!

    love you...kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 groins ... did not know that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joann, here is a quote from the poet Rumi that touched my heart and hopefully yours:

    Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt
    disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us:
    We taste only sacredness.

    love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete