Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back Home

Here is a picture of me this morning. Rick took it. I think he thought he was being funny or something. Everything went well today but it wasn't as simple as I thought it would be, and it was chilly. I required many warmed blankets(such a diva, I am). The procedure was actually sort of neat to watch. I could see the Dr shoving the wire in my leg and watch it at the same time on the monitor. Kinda gross but Kinda neat, too. I am getting used to this new keyboard, so please pardon all typos, as I am too lazy to go back and fix them. After the procedure I was supposed to lay perfectly flat, not move my head or leg for 30 minutes, then I could sit-up a bit but still not move. Am I boring anyone with the details? Rick had to get back to work after an hour of staring at me, Mom and Mom in law sat with me for a while longer. i just sort of stared at a corner in the room. i don't think the "I don't care juice " had worn off yet. Do you mind me recounting everything to you? Well, I'm in bed and not tired yet so, I/m going to continue typing. Feel free to tune out. Anyway, boy, after all that saline, did I have to go! This huge bag of IV saline and I could not move. What was I to do? I had three more hours to stay still. Have you ever heard of a female Urinal. If someone offers one to you, stay away from it. It's a silly thing. By this time it was just me and my Mom. I tried to sleep while she knitted. the clicking of her knitting needles was very comforting,but , boy did I have to go. Wow, does God know how to humble a girl when she can't get up. After a couple of tries and lots of running water down the sink I claimed victory, so relieved, and slept for an hour. TMI? Get used to it. This is how I roll. After more warm blankies, and a bit more of snoozing I got to do victory laps around the heart floor, get dressed and go home.YAAY. Then it hit me, restrictions! No lifting, no pulling or pushing, no driving, blah, blah, blah. And a PET scan to look forward to on fri. I just want to say how incredibly thankful and blessed I feel to have loved ones(whether I know you or not, you are a loved One) praying for me. As the ladies in the Calvary Hospital Ministry reminded me today(Hi Phyllis) that Moses had to keep his hands raised with the staff in it while the Israelites were fighting the....Amalikites? When the staff was raised the Israelites were winning the battle. Then the staff got too heavy for Moses to hold it up so his arms would lower the staff and the Israelites started losing the battle. Alongside Moses came Aaron and Hur, and helped him hold the staff up over his head. The israelites were victorious. Theres a lot too that story. but, what I want you to know is that I can not keep my hands up all the time and I appreciate you coming alongside me to help me win this battle. I can't do it without the Lord, but I think He likes it when we help each other. I know some tough days are coming. I don't know how things will turn out. But I know that I will be victorious, I know that I am victorious.. PLease remind me of that if I get blue, because you know I will. Our night is ending quietly, with me getting scolded for trying to lift things, kids playing in their room, Rick has got a cold, dogs passed out from laying around all day, and God blessing us richly. Love to all, and thanks for all the goodies and prayers Jo

10 comments:

  1. Bless your heart, sorry for things your having to indure, When I had an angiogram they wouldn't let me up for 24 darn hrs, I cannot use a bedpan, I tried so many times, my back was killing me... I told them to just give me a cath...Well anyway I'm thinking and praying for you in N.C. hugs Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Details are good! I was holding my breath reading the "had to pee" part; glad you made it okay :) Will keep praying, especially for Friday.
    ~Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Joann, I am totally speechless:) You are an inspiration to everyone. I think of you often, and want you to know that you, and your family are close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i speak for everyone when i say WE LOVE THE WAY YOU ROLL!! Great writing and i will drive you anywhere you need to be driven too so don;t worry! jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking good hot stuff!

    Keep the faith! xo

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the details, though I don't think I would have watched the procedure. Brave one! :-) Praying for strength and comfort all the way around. Keep being you because it's YOU we love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the details! Was wondering, from you last post, what your groin(s) had to do with your heart test, now I know! Thanks.

    It is going to be hard to lose your wheels. I know you have amazing friends and family in Florida that are there for you, helping . . . Thank them for me.
    I love you all!
    I will keep lifting you 4ever! Love, Kathy
    ps give your dogs a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell Rick I love the pic! He should give us one with every post. As I was reading the details of your day the visual image made me feel like an invisible participant. Stop lifting things! and let everyone serve your diva highness!
    I'll pray for restful sleep tonight so you'll be ready for tomorrow's PET scan

    ReplyDelete
  9. you put it all in perspective!!

    as ive heard for the past couple months,
    "We will love you when you are too tired to love yourself"

    ReplyDelete