Thursday, February 9, 2012

BoyCotting

I have to apologize if I look a mess when you see me next time. I have decided to boycott hair products and eyebrow tweezers. I am a serious makeupish and hair productish kind of girl. Ever heard of the Spin Brush? It's awesome, tames frizzes in a jiffy, even in Fl. But I am having a crisis and I don't like doing my hair anymore. Nor do I like tweezing the eyebrows, the lip area i will keep groomed, but ThatS IT! Its all going to fall out soon, and the stinker is the mustache is usually the last to go and the first to come back. Anyway, my hair is so thick and curly, frizzy, I just don't have the strength and the eyebrows, well, sometimes two or three of them will stick around for the whole bout of chemo, so I am saving each one. I'm not tugging or pulling an more than necessary, so you will probably see me in a scarfy headband and a clip, with a unibrow. Im pretty tense tonight, about tomorrow test. The PET scan shows any other cancerous activity in my body by way of a nuclear dye. I have scanxiety. The machines scare me. They are big, and whir around you, and everyone else skeedaddles out of there so they don't get nuked. Of course the big issue will be the results that we receive on Monday. I know I'm not supposed to worry. God has got it all settled, whatever way, and He is with me, but it's scary. Well, poor Rick is sick but he is going with me to my appt, and Betty will drive me home. I can't drive because my ticker is not tocking very strong. Let me mention my awesome kids, Jimmy Charlie and Sarah. They are so cool and handling things very well. they are starting to pick up the slack around here and are helping to keep things calm. I love them. But they know it. The nice thing is they love each other. Thats pretty cool. So, In closing, don't look too close at the eyebrow-and if you happen to see any pretty scarfs, let me know. I've lost my hair three times and usually donate or toss them all when I'm done with chemo, so I'm on the hunt again. I'm hitting they hay. i listen to my dramatized Bible on my iPod when I have a difficult time sleeping. I think I will listen to Matthew tonight. God has been giving me lots of scriptures from Matthew this month. Chapters 13 and 14. Its dramatized with different actors and sounds effects so its kind of exciting. well thats it for tonight. I'll post some picts of tomorrows procedure. They use a huge needle.Yuck. /Thank you for reading and the scripture you are sending me to lift my spirit. I love you. Over and Out, Jo
OH PS I received some beautiful flowers from my sister, Dawne today, and fruit basket from my friend, Joanna.  Nice surprises.  And all of the dinners have been so wonderful.  What a relief and a blessing.  So thank you for all the help and love'.  Im treasuring it all in my heart as I am treasuring your prayers.
Love again

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful with one, two or no eyebrows! (Thought you were going to go with a wig this time?) I love the book of Matthew. As a Bible teacher of mine once said, these are the words of Jesus. We will be praying for you tomorrow and through the weekend through Monday. Boo-hiss for needles and scary machines. But Yay for sweet children who love their mother and love each other!
    ~Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joann, I love that you can make me laugh, cry, smile, pray, and want to go shopping! (I am so buying that spin brush.)
    Take care PET scan super model. You look beautiful always. Beautiful mom & wife & daugher & sister & Aunt & friend & sister in Christ.
    ((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))

    Love you and I'll text you soon!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, i can hear you speaking the words!!

    Maybe I should start using hair products and trying my luck at tweezering??

    xo

    Mamahouse

    ReplyDelete