Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back To School!

Next week, two kiddos head back to school.
The other to start his AA.  Wow, it's been a tough 8 months for us but I am doing ok.  Kids and husband are doing terrific.  I'm on a new regimen of Tykerb and Xeloda.  We will see how that works in a month or so..praying
I've got a fair amount of neuropathy in one hand and both feet.  It's very irritating, especially when trying to fill out all those registration forms for kids.  ARRGGH.  I was also diagnosed with a pretty severe form of asthma, which the pulmonologist says I have probably had all along, just got used to breathing difficulties.
Brighter days are coming!  I know it!
I'm looking forward to settling into a schedule again, as I am not an early riser, and we all need a bit of structure.
Short Post.
Learning from the Lord as always, but very tired of this.   Learning to surrender, but so hard to let go of control.

Love you,
Joann

PS. This is the first selection that I have ever read from AW Tozer. I wish I wrote this! How perfectly stated and wonderfully beautiful.

Father, I want to know Thee, but my coward heart fears to give up its toys. I cannot part with them without inward bleeding, and I do not try to hide from Thee the terror of the parting. I come trembling, but I do come. Please root from my heart all those things which I have cherished so long and which have become a very part of my living self, so that Thou mayest enter and dwell there without a rival. Then shalt Thou make the place of Thy feet glorious. Then shall my heart have no need of the sun to shine in it, for Thyself wilt be the light of it, and there shall be no night there. In Jesus Name, Amen. 

A. W. Tozer
The Works Of A. W. Tozer 

4 comments:

  1. Every single day...I pray...with you on my mind...while I walk, while I garden..when I clean..and each evening when I bow my head, before dinner, YOU come into my thots. I wish for you...another 49 years..oF A perfect blissful beautiful LIFE....I want YOU to not live under a cloud a shroud of dark...for you I wish..pure serenity and zest..of happines and joy...for YOU I wish.....Jinji...xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think about you all the time. You and your family are always in my prayers. (You know that.) You are so beautiful and such and amazing and wonderful mom. I can picture your beautiful smile as you look at your children. I also see you plugging away with the back to school paperwork, shopping, schedule adjustments all done with love. I pray these drugs will help keep that cancer where it is (Or just go away!). I hope you get the feeling back in your hands and legs. Must feel pretty weird and frustrating. But here you are, you keep going, being a mom and wife and friend. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are now more positive! Please remember that you can reduce the dose of Tykerb and increase it gradually if the side effects hit you hard. I did it from 2 tabs to eventually 5 tabs though it took 4 months.
    For tingling and numbness, a fine motor exercise, such as squeezing a ball is helpful, I heard.
    God is with you because that is the promise He made. You are not alone! Many people including me are praying for you. So be strong and courageous! You are certainly inspiring many patients who are fighting against breast cancer by overcoming resilient caner and nasty side effects :-)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you Jo and your family. You are a gift to your family, to extended family, friends and to the world. Thank you for sharing yourself. We pray each and every day for you and all for hope and healing. Transitions are always difficult and then it settles back into a routine. May God bless you and guide you all the days of your life. Many blessings. Sending big hugs. xo Deidre & Rance and family

    ReplyDelete