Saturday, July 7, 2012

I do not know what lies ahead

I do not know what lies ahead

1
I do not know what lies ahead,
the way I cannot see;
yet One stands near to be my guide,
He’ll show the way to me:

I know who holds the future,
and He’ll guide me with His hand;
with God things don’t just happen,
everything by Him is planned.
So as I face tomorrow,
with its problems large and small,
I’ll trust the God of miracles,
give to Him my all.

2
I do not know how many days
of life are mine to spend;
but One who knows and cares for me
will keep me to the end:

I know who holds the future, ...

3
I do not know the course ahead,
what joys and griefs are there;
but One is near who fully knows,
I’ll trust His loving care:

I know who holds the future, ...
Alfred B Smith & Eugene Clarke; 1947 Singspiration/MPI
MP269

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, no matter what we might be going through, it applies. Thanks for sharing!! Lifting you up to the Throne! :-)

    ReplyDelete