Thursday, May 24, 2012

Praise God

Brain scan came back clear. Whew. What a relief. I don't think I can spare any brain cells up there anyway. My poor brain has been fried from chemo a time or two. That was a big praise.
 I am going to see an opthomologist to figure out why my eyelid wants to stay a little lower than the other one. It's frustrating when your body doesn't behave, isn't it?
 Well, these bodies are perishable, but someday, because of Jesus, we will have imperishable(is that a word) bodies. Awesome. No more sickness. Til then we all keep pushing on and fighting the fight, right? I know I am. Sometimes, it is hard to keep up the fight, but I have a lot to fight for.
Tomorrow is Sarah's sixth grade graduation. She is not happy about wearing a skirt, but I think we came to an agreement about wearing leggings under the skirt. I also go tot the heart Dr to get results of echocardiogram to see if my heart is getting stronger. I think it is a little bit but I certainly don't feel I've made a huge improvement. We shall see.
 Well, I just wanted to share my results. Hopefully I will get over to MDAnderson in Orlando before too long, to get a second opinion, and maybe receive treatment there. I've heard wonderful things about it. The Moffitt Center in Tampa is just too far to go to again, and I feel like with this new diagnosis, I want to make sure we get some other options and opportunities to treat this bugger of a disease.
 We all appreciate your prayers and support. Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. Love, Joann

4 comments:

  1. You are such a LIAR! Your blog is not "all woe is me!" ha ha. I found it after you posted a comment on someone else's blog. God bless and strengthen you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrating the good news with you!! Praise God!! You looked beautiful as usual at the graduation this morning.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the eyelid sugery to lift the lid. I had lost 70% of my periferal vision. It wasn't too bad. the weirdest part was that I had to be awake so the surgeon would know when the lids were even. they numbed me up real good though. Love your blog. My daughter (a cancer nurse) and I both read it and gain sooo much from it. Feel like I'm getting to know you all over again. Love ya gal, God bless you always, Sylvia Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joann, Thinking about you . . . and I hope you are feeling okay. It must be nice having the kids home from school. Hope you have a nice weekend. Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete