Thursday, February 16, 2012

God Speaks to me, again

     Well, I rushed through the morning today, trying to get myself ready for the day and did not sit and read my devotional or spend any time praying.(not like I am disciplined enough to do it every day, but I am trying). I picked up my devotional and read it quick then put it down, and started to fret about this and that. I should know better.
      Today, Rick and I met with my Heart Dr. and it went fine. Upping some meds to try to get heart beating stronger, and talked about some sort of life vest for me to wear, should i have a heart attack(yikes)that will shock me back to life. Also, talking about limitations and confirming what Rick has been telling me about what I am able to do around the house, which is not much of anything.
      Let me just say. Rick looks irrestible when he is vacuuming. But I can take short walks so the dogs will be happy.
      Whoa is me, poor me, sniff, cry cry.Blah.
      Im not a great housekeeper, but it's my job. Well, trying to get out of my funk. Yes, the hair is falling out and my neighbor, Kimberly , graciously offered to give it a trim so I don't have to tug on it so often.             Ok, so here I am now.Felt a little bad, then I picked up my devotional that I raced through this morning.    

      May I write it out for you??? Thank you. Here goes.
      It may apply to your life as well. Its from Jesus Calling

Thank Me for the conditions that are requiring you to be still. Do not spoil these quiet hours be wishing them away, waiting impatiently to be active again.  Some of the greatest works in My Kingdom have been done from sick beds and prison cells.  Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances.  Limitations can be liberating when your strongest desire is living close to Me.
Quietness and trust enhance your awareness of My Presence with you.  Do not despise these simple easy ways of serving Me. Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms.  My strength and Power show themselves most effective in weakness
Zech 2:13,Is30:15, 2Cor 12:9
   
       I really wish I sat with that this morning.  I know it would've helped me this am and pm.  Does this devotional relate to you life at all.  Probably somehow.  I think we all go through periods of time when we  just have to be still.  Im having a tough time figuring out how to serve Him during this time.  And I think the "despise" jumped out at me.  If you have time to look up the scripture that was noted at the end of the devotional, you will read the Lords words about these situations.  Do we all go through these periods of feeling helpless, or useless, or whatever.  Yes, think we do.  I know that God does not find us helpless or useless.  He uses every moment and trial in our life to use for us, to refine us, but to also glorify Him. I am walking very close with Him, but I walk to be closer and have that quiet trust.
I'm working on it.
     So on a positive not, my hair looks cute and don't know how long it will hang in there but I am in battle mode now.  Thank you for reading my blog.  I don't have a lot of wise words, I just sort of blab with my fingers, but it helps to get thoughts out.
      I will let you know when I get my vest.  Rick wonders if it comes with a big red test button on the front.  Maybe he can try it out first.
      What was I talking about?
       Well, good night for now, going to have a cup of peppermint tea and get nightgown on.  I think I need to post more pictures.  Maybe tomorrow.  No Dr. appts for 6 days. Yay.
Much love to everyone.
Joann PS, I have to include cute pictures, I'm such a sucker. Send me your cute pictures if you have any. I love Kathy S's pictures of Chewy.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Joann, what a wonderful devotional! And, yes, I think it is applicable to everyone at least some point in our lives. The life vest sounds intimidating! But you always have great style, so I'm sure you'll wear it fashionably :)
    I get to see you tomorrow! Can't wait. Love you!
    ~Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Inspiration yesterday, From the Utmost Highest, which you recommended, Told me to "Get up and Get Going."

    So I. instead of attempting to clean the upstairs of my house (what a mess), I went to a Food Insecurity meeting in Sanford Maine. Any way, unsure of where I read about this meeting, but clearly, it was not intended for the public. The meeting consisted of state, federal, local, charitable organizations, schools, all giving updates on how they are fighting hunger in York county Maine. When we did a table introduction, I said: "I am Kathleen, a mom from York Country who is concerned about hunger in our community."

    Any way, It really lifted my spirits to hear all the work these people and organizations are doing in fighting hunger in Maine. Example:High School students planning to
    plant a row for food for the hunger, Weekend backpacks that are sent home with Hungry kids so they have food for the weekend, Summer food programs, Cooking classes geared towards lower income families trying to help them stretch their food dollars. Also food stamps accepted at farmers market.


    Thank you Joann for introducing me to Daily Devotionals. They help me set my tone for the day and lead me down a path I would have not discovered on my own.


    Not sure where this path will lead me, but I do have some ideas and plan on attending the next meeting next week.


    Love you Joann!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JO-

    Sometimes I wish Id have a life jacket for my broken heart...

    i love daily devotionals. they always relate to something in my life. Sometimes life is to sit, breathe and receive while other times are activity fighting part! The hardest part for me is figuring out which I supposed to do.

    Love ya sunshiny girl!

    MAMAHouse

    ReplyDelete